Saturday, May 21, 2016

New processor...

I have a couple of new processors in the pipe-line... The one that I think will be the most successful is the STM32 M4F. It has a lot of similarities to the NXP one that I have been using as far as the peripheral set is concerned. I am thinking that I will crank this one out to 16+ bits in the DAC department though. I was a bit disappointed with the DAC on the KV10... The QFP32 in the STM32 family dosen't have I2S but you can fake it up with some counters and the SPI. So I am thinking of using the CS4334 that is easily available here. The other advantage is that STM32 M4F that I want to use is available in a Nano footprint eval board. So some testing is under way...

 There is also the PT8211 -- very cheap but maybe a bit wobbly in the quality department... Is available in DIP8 though... I also found some MAX5556 in the old sweet tin...



No comments: