Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Band Limited Comb

Well life has interrupted the progress a bit I have been trundling along a bit. I have bought a braids board made from Oliver's gerbers from one of the various people that do that sort of thing. Needles to say I didn't pursue the path of least resistance... I have put a STM32L433CCTx on and it is basically almost precisely the same pin out. The code probably could be naively chopped across but I have made extensive use of the DMA controllers to reduce the load very substantially. For instance the load for the display is now, apart from updates, 0% for the CPU with a few DMA accesses. The ADC can run a lot faster and interleave pitch readings for a higher resolution measurement. The DAC output is also DMA and I have considered going to 192kHz and interpolating the output in the driver. I had already gone down the path of making it all floating point and slowly all the voices are coming back to life. This one is an example. The Band Limited Comb was always a bit of a mystery to me but I think I have it sorted now... This is the waveforms that are interpolated through.

No comments: