Wednesday, August 1, 2018

TX81Z

Got sidetracked, as usual, into the world of FM synthesis. I was trying to get some stuff working and read a couple of articles and then found a rather nice library from P.Cook and  G.Scavone on the hub called STK. It is sort of designed for a LOT more horsepower processing than I have available in the M4F but with a bit of tweeking I think I can add in some voices that may be interesting. Preen FM has most of this already in the ideas implemented but not really in a voltage controlled sort of way... more your MIDI implementation. I was interested to see that the TX81Z, that most of the STK voices are modeled on, has different waveforms internally. I had never really looked at the newer Yamaha FM synths much beyond my venerable DX7 so was curious by all the rather interesting modulation waveforms beyond the  sinewave...

3 comments:

n.d said...

So, when, and if, you finish, will you make everything available?
Do you have a github repository?

Thanks.

n.d said...

Sorry, wrong post entry...
I meant about all the braids stuff.

Hotlblack Desiato said...

Sorry -- only just noticed your post... Yes I have a GitHub account and am slowly moving stuff there. It unfortunately ebbs and flows a bit with life and work. I hope to do a public release soon...